Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday's Favorites

This week has certainly flown by.  Per usual, it has been a whirlwind of work and wedding tasks.  While I can't talk about work, I can talk about the wedding.  This week, we managed to send out our Save the Dates, and I scheduled a hair and makeup trial appointment.  Oh, and I did one more thing, which has to be #1 on this list...

1.  I bought my first pair of Jimmy Choo shoes!  While I have beautiful Kate Spade flats to walk down the gravel path to our wedding ceremony, I wanted to get small heels for the reception.  So, after much debate, I went for it!



These pricey but gorgeous pair of shoes have definitely brightened up my week!

2.  What else has me smiling this week?  Well, I got a Save the Date for this year's Taste of the Nation Boston.  This year, it will be held on April 19, 2012 at the Hynes Convention Center.  I had such a fun time last year and I'm really looking forward to nibbling and sipping on some of Boston's best culinary treats for a great cause - to combat childhood hunger. 

One of my highlights last year was hanging with some of my favorite
food bloggers...and meeting Tiffani Faison!

If you are interested in attending, there are a couple of great promotions going on for 20% off the ticket price:
  • DRAGON2012 (valid from January 23 - February 6)
  • VDAY2012 (valid from February 1 - 14)

3.  This past week also marked my four-year anniversary with Bret.  He sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers to my office on Monday.  While some of the flowers are now wilting, this bouquet has seriously brightened up my office all week long!



4.  I signed up for the B.A.A. 5K!  Last year, this was the first 5K I ever ran and I'm so looking forward to running it again with some friends this year!


Look at me!  I actually look like a runner!

These are the things that have me smiling this week as I'm ready to head into the weekend!  I'm looking forward to a really jam-packed but fun weekend, which includes visiting my sister's new place, doing some volunteer work, and cooking up a storm for the Super Bowl!

Tell me, what has put a big smile on your face this week?  Also, GO PATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment