Friday, February 13, 2009

Orange you glad?

Mara, over at What's for Dinner?, picked oranges for this week's BSI. When brainstorming what to make, I thought of the Mashed Sweet Potatoes w/Orange Essence that I made for Thanksgiving. I came up with a few ideas, but I gave into my lab's desire for treats and made some Chocolate Orange (Mini) Muffins first. Or muffcakes/cupffins, as we were discussing the question of which they really were :)

The Stars of the Show


I followed this recipe for the muffins, using the chocolate above and adding the zest of 1/2 a blood orange that I had. They were awesome, the flavors of the zest and the chocolate bar really complemented each other well. Totally reminded me of those Chocolate Oranges Caitlin has been talking about lately :) Next time I might try to sub some applesauce, as they were a tad dry (although this could've been due to slightly overbaking, but I was watching it pretty carefully...).



Some Contests-

Bobbi (N Her Shoes) is offering up some WIN, which I've reviewed before. But don't go enter, I need more!!

Head over to Marx Foods to enter to win some artisan ravioli!!



ps- The recipients of the biscotti (my parents and my secret valentine) gave them rave reviews, so this recipe's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment