Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Acorn Squash w/Spinach and Dried Cranberries

I'm just trying to give you dear readers a complex, here's a dish that would be perfect for thanksgiving :-P Long long ago I had seen this recipe for Butternut Squash and Spinach. Well, I must've been channeling this when I made dinner tonight. As I had roasted the squash already and it was sitting in the fridge calling my name, this took literally 15min--tops to throw together. Without further ado, I give you...

a rather unappetizing photo :)

and just some guidelines... as I didn't measure anything, and you should feel free to adjust it to your tastes (more spinach or more squash or more craisins...)

Saute 1/2 chopped onion until tender, then toss in roasted squash (any kind of squash would do, as would sweet potato; I roasted 425deg for ~25min) and loads of spinach. Cover and let cook a bit. Stir, and add more spinach if desired (it does wilt down a ton, so I added more once the first batch was done). Add handful of dried cranberries and season with s/p and some freshly grated nutmeg (optional). Cover and cook until all spinach is wilted and squash warmed through. Serve!

And one last picture, of a smiling Spinach-Asiago Chicken Sausage (another awesome Sam's purchase). See, even he liked the squash and spinach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment