Saturday, November 1, 2008

About Me


Hi, thanks for checking out my blog! My name is Michele and I’m a thirty-something born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and now residing in Northern New Jersey. I started this blog as a tribute to my Italian Grandmother, Emilia. My grandmother, who I refer to as Nanny, lived with me and my family until she passed away two years ago at the ripe age of 98. Unfortunately, she didn’t write her recipes down and she never measured. The recipes that you see here are my interpretations created from my memory. Along with the help of my family, I use all my senses to recreate her dishes as I recall the taste, smell and feel of her cooking. Although Nanny has inspired me to create this blog you will also see recipes from other people who have taught and inspired me to cook. I am still learning new things every day and enjoy trying out recipes from some of my favorite Chefs. You will find those here as well. I hope you enjoy what you see and read here and maybe even try out some of the recipes yourself!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment