Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's not just for oatmeal anymore!

I knew as soon as I saw this I'd have to try it. I'll admit, I thought "why didn't I think of this," but then I came to my senses :) Whenever I try a dish that I haven't had before, I stick to the recipe... such was the case when I first made risotto a little over a year ago. As I got the hang of this dish, I stuck with arborio and mingled the add-ins.

Enter Mel over at bitchin camero, she always gets me with her lovely photos and recipes! Using steel cut oats in this Risotto with Shrimp & Asparagus made for a nice change in texture--still creamy but with a nice chewiness. Don't forget the freshly ground pepper! I've also been meaning to try risotto with barley, or maybe even with some fruit or sweetness... the possibilities are endless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment