Saturday, December 20, 2008

Millet

Another new grain, plus a recipe from one of my new books! Wow you guys are lucky ;-) This Autumn Millet Bake hails from Mark Bittman's How to Eat Everything Vegetarian, although before I had the book I found it on Heidi Swanson's site here (where she also wrote a glowing review of the book).


It was my first time trying millet, and it was good, reminded me alot of quinoa. Which, apparently can be substituted in the recipe if you have that on hand! Anyone else tried millet? This is also another great dish that can be made ahead of time. The tartness of the cranberries and the sweetness of the squash made for a nice pairing. So go check out the recipe! I'll have to do a more formal review of the book once I can pick out some more recipes... too many that sound fabulous!



In the mean time, this image came as part of an email advertising winter cycling wear and I thought it was hillarious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment