Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who's Auntie Anne anyways?

Did I conquer my fear of yeast?? A foccacia here, flatbread there, some pizza dough that wasn't half bad, and now this... I think I just may have! I think the pizza dough was the best learning experience for me. I'm still not overly-comfortable, but with an open package of yeast after my flatbread and a rosemary tree, I jumped at the chance to make some homemade pretzels :) These have been on my "to-make" list for awhile now, so now was as good a time as any.

pre-bake

I followed a recipe from Baking Bites, via the Peanut Butter Boy, cutting it it back to 1/3 as to account for the amount of yeast I had left (why i didn't just open another package i don't know...). Also threw in about 1T rosemary as that's in abundance right now :)


There's something about homemade bread that smells freakin fantastic, and is so irresistable when it comes out of the oven that there's no denying it, even if it is midnight!! (yeah, i started them a bit too late!). SOOO good warm, I'd recommend eating them this way :)

spooky, no?


And if you're not a reader of Jaden's Steamy Kitchen yet, you should be! Here's a reason to start, she's hosting a HUGE Holiday Giveaway with a bunch of really fantastic products that would be such a treat to recieve.

Another fabulous blogger Zesty is also having a giveaway to celebrate 100 posts!! Go visit his site for the details, and check out his yummy recipes while you're there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment