Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweets for dinner?

I have no idea where I came across this recipe, but I'm guessing it was in the bulletin boards of Cooking Light... I can't believe how tender the pork was--I couldn't slice it, it was just like buttah and fell apart instead! Easy peasy, and it'll be ready when you come home starving from work/gym/errands :) I thought about throwing in some fresh herbs at the end (sage, thyme, or rosemary), but I couldn't make up my mind and left it out. Might've added a little something-something ;-)


Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin w/Sweet Potatoes

From Cooking Light Slow Cooker Cookbook, 2004

Serves 2

3 c cubed sweet potatoes
1/2 c apricot preserves, divided (mine was apricot-peach, I bet cherry would also be fantastic)
1/4 tsp salt, divided
1 bay leaves
1/2 lb boneless pork tenderloin or pork loin, trimmed

Place sweet potatoes, 1/2 c preserves, and 1/4 tsp salt into a slow cooker. Toss well. Add bay leaves. Arrange tenderloins over sweet potatoes; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Spread 1/2 c preserves over tenderloins. Cover with lid; cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce to low and 7 hours or until pork and sweet potatoes are tender. Remove pork from slow cooker and slice. Discard bay leaves. Serve pork with sweet potatoes and sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment