Friday, February 5, 2010

Super Bowl Party Food

Are you gearing up for the big day? I know I am. However, not in the way you think. I never liked football when I was a kid, but I've gotten more into it recently because my boyfriend really enjoys it and watches practically every game. I even think I have some understanding of what a down is now. I also finally learned that a touchdown is 6 points, not 7. And if I ever decide to have kids, I don't think Plaxico or D'Brickashaw will be on my baby name list -- though they are my favorite football player names to say.

My earliest memories of the Super Bowl involve tacos. I always knew Super Bowl Sunday as the day my parents would have some friends over and set up a taco bar. There'd be all the taco fixings you could imagine as well as a spectacular Tex-Mex dip that I still make for parties (and I won't say the bowl hasn't been licked clean on occasion). While chowing down on great Mexican food, maybe, just maybe, I realized there was some big football game on the TV too. So for me, like most things, the Super Bowl is always about the food first!

I thought I'd compile some things I've made that would be great additions to your Super Bowl Sunday.








And since no party is complete without dessert...


I'm not actually having a Super Bowl party this year, so it will just be the two of us. That isn't going to stop me from cooking though. We're planning to snack on nachos and then have pulled pork sandwiches. I might even make these pulled pork sliders that Gaby posted recently.

However you celebrate, I hope you have a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment