Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Dinner For 100

Before I forget, I hope you guys have realized that when I don't post recipes, it's because they aren't my own. I always link to them, but I don't know if I explicitly say that everytime-- so be sure to look for the link if you are looking for the recipe. If you try any of the recipes, please let me know how you like them, too!


I don't know if you guys noticed as I've been slowly approaching the big one-zero-zero! I can't believe it! Thank you all for reading, and taking the time to comment, I read each and every one and they definately are the bright spots in my day :) More on this in a moment, but first a fabulous dinner...



A simple salad of balsamic-dressed spinach tossed with roasted butternut squash and sliced almonds hung out humbly in the background. Leaving room for the goat cheese-stuffed pork tenderloin with a cherry-wine sauce!!

Goat Cheese-Stuffed Pork w/Cherry-Red Wine Sauce

Don't let the name deter you ;-) As soon as I saw this on Kevin's site, I knew I would be making it. This seemed like this was the perfect occasion for such an impressive dish. It actually came together a more quickly than I expected, even without the butchers twine... oops! I tried using some old scallions, but that didn't work so well so I just flew by the seat of my pants--gotta keep it interesting :) Thyme went into the filling instead of basil, as that's what I had on hand. If only I had company, this would've left quite the impression!


Chocolate Pate

A celebratory dinner wouldn't be complete without dessert, so here's the Chocolate Pate I had prepared a few days ahead of time. Holy Yum as Veggie Girl would say, this takes the "cake" :) I can't say enough good things about this, but it's rich, velvety, and even has an avocado! Ok, one more--DANGEROUS. Ricki is a genious!! The ingredients definately make a difference, and the intricate flavors of the Maya Gold chocolate bar I included really shined. I was going to save this for company, but after my first taste... decided to keep it for myself! hehe

Hodgepodge of Chocolate for the Pate


Ok ok, how to say thank you for your support?? A Giveaway!! I've got a small package of some of my favorite baking goods-- Hot Cocoa Kisses and Cinnamon Chips. Some other goodies may sneak in there too, but I'm not sure yet. All you lurkers out there, now's the time to speak up! To enter, leave a comment on this post before Monday, Jan 12, 8am EST with two things, 1. what would you like to see more of on this blog? (a discussion of ingredients, more about a tri or how i trained for my first... you name it, as long as it doesn't require me to be too web-saavy). 2. what would you do with these goodies?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment