Thursday, January 8, 2009

Veggie Lovin

I forgot to tell you all that my dad loved that you all called his brownies cute :) Sorry dad! I'm sure they tasted very man-ly.

I came home tonight to the most wonderful dinner. When I was putting together this soup, I thought it would just be ok. Then it was done simmering and I had my first taste. Boy was I wrong! Wow, the flavors come together so well, it was fantastic!! I'd call it Pantry Goodness Soup, as I had everything on hand :) Ok ok, my artichoke hearts came from the freezer... but they could've come from the pantry. One last note, this makes a very large batch. I made half of the recipe, and it barely fit into my 2.75qt dutch oven. BARELY. I guess that means I "need" the larger one? haha.

On the side, a sprouted grain english muffin (both halves), with Pumpkin Hummus. I created my own version by forgetting the tahini, but this was another winner. I've tried it with veggies and pretzels as well. The bread pairing (pretzels or english muffin) just knocks it out of the park!! It'd make a great condiment for sandwiches I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment