Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cookie Swap!!

For the past year or two, I've said I run outside until it hits 30. When I laced up my shoes on Sunday NOAA said it was 16 degrees in Boston, 7 with the wind chill. My big mittens (and perhaps the sugar high) kept me warm until somewhere around mile 4, where my nose and knees told me to head in ;)

The stars of the afternoon!

But you didn't come here to hear how crazy I was the other night, you're here for the cookies!!! And boy did we have some amazing goodies! I was thrilled to have so many friends join me for an afternoon of fun and food. I offered up a few lighter, savory appetizers as everyone started to arrive and setup. I hope this will become an annual event ;)

The Savory Lineup
Salmon Mousse with pita crackers and cucumbers (I wouldn't recommend sub'ing fat-free greek yogurt for the sour cream in the recipe as I did, 2% might work but I haven't tried it)
Coconut Chai Almonds (followed this recipe using almonds instead of pecans, Zhea Gypsy's Coconut Chai Tea and left out the lemon zest)
Wholly Guacamole Salsa & Guacamole with chips
Mini Quiches w/Pear, Gorgonzola & Walnuts (this recipe needs work!)

Coconut Chai Almonds

The Sweet Lineup
Adrienne's Lime Meltaways (maybe this recipe?)
Bridget's Chocolate Orange Almond Macaroons
Elina's Espresso Crinkle Cookies
Kelly's Chocolate-Orange Cookie Dough Truffles
Kerstin's Peanut Butter Chubby Hubby Bars
Mary Kate's Black & White Cookies
Nicole's Lemon Almond Cranberry Crescents
Rebecca's Breakup Bars
(Shannon's) My Maple Toffee Bacon Oatmeal Cookies
Tina's Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Bars

Wholly Guacamole!

Just a few more notes...

I won the Wholly Guacamole products in a giveaway hosted by the Foodie Blogroll. They totally hooked me up (see all the goodies below), and we all loved the guac and spicy salsa!! The Squeeze of Lime Corazona chips they sent are also probably the best I've ever had of that variety! Thanks Jenn and Sylvia :)


And in case you aren't sick of cookies yet, thanks to Steph I participated in another Cookie Exchange. (what was I thinking?? I need to find my will power... I seemed to have lost it) I sent Nicole some Blueberry Lavender Butter Cookies and Crisp Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies. She graced me and my family with some amazing Chocolate Peppermint Cookies and Oatmeal Cran White Choc Cookies (recipes here). Thanks Nicole, they were thoroughly enjoyed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment