Friday, January 29, 2010

Black Bean Dip

It's been a long week, and work will continue to keep me busy well through next week, so please forgive my few words and lame post title :)


Tortilla Soup w/Guacamole & Flax Chips

Keeping in tune with using things up at home, I used a Tequila Lime Turkey Tenderloin and quite a few cans... that may or may not have made the move from Philly with me ;) (Hey, at least they were put to good use!) These goods went into Kelly's Tortilla Soup (very yummy!) and a random White Chili I probably wouldn't make again, so I didn't photograph it.

Carrot Cake Babies

As a carrot cake lover, I knew I had to try some of Katie's Carrot Cake Macaroons... however I don't have any coconut butter, so mine were made from a finely shredded carrot, unsweetened coconut, almond meal, dates and vanilla extract. I guess they ended up more like Diana's! Love these babies :) Although now I'm realizing I forgot cinnamon, walnuts, and other spices... next time!!


Gruyere Crackers

Hmm, I also made some Gruyere Crackers (made with cave-aged Gruyere instead of Parm, all white whole wheat flour, and Smart Balance sticks for butter) and Black Bean Dip to bring along with me tomorrow... it tastes better than it looks!

Black Bean Dip


Black Bean Dip


1 can black beans, drained (reserving 1T juice) and rinsed
1T reserved canning liquid
1-2T lemon/lime juice
1 clove garlic
1T chopped onion
1t chipotle/adobo sauce
pinch salt
~1/2t cumin
3-4T freshly chopped cilantro
1T olive oil

Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth! Serve with tortilla chips, veggies, or as a sandwich/wrap spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment