Wednesday, March 30, 2011

7th Annual "A Spoonful of Ginger" Event Recap

Last month, I wrote about the 7th Annual "A Spoonful of Ginger" event.  I was really excited about this charity event because it combines a fun evening of food while raising awareness and funds for the Joslin Diabetes Center's Asian American Diabetes Initiative.  As an Asian American with a father who has been diagnosed with pre-diabetes, this disease definitely hits close to home.

I attended the event with my friend Meghan, who was also provided a complimentary media pass.  We took lots of photos while we indulged in some refreshing wine, nibbled on wonderful little bites from participating chefs and restaurants, and soaked in the gorgeous atmosphere of the new Art of the Americas Wing at the Museum of Fine Arts.

Here are some photos from Monday evening:





I tried this duck later and the skin was unbelievably crispy!


It was great to speak to Chef Jose Duarte about his innovative scan codes.





After trying their spicy catfish, I really want to check this restaurant out!

This delightful green tea-infused deviled egg with pickled radish and
pork belly confit was created by Chef Wesley Chen of Changsho.



I'm adding this book to my Amazon wishlist!

Always great to see Chef Tsai cooking up a storm for a great cause.


Joanne Chang was one of several honorees.





Chef Jasper White hard at work!


These low-carb sweets were the perfect way to end the evening!
These are just some of the many photographs I took on Monday night.  Again, it was a wonderful night for an even more wonderful cause.  If you'd like to learn more about the Joslin Diabetes Center's Asian American Diabetes Initiative, please go to their website here: http://aadi.joslin.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment