Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gettin' Sauced

...on a regular basis.
After the inaugural Saus visit, I returned the very next week to get my fix. It's all I do to not return nightly. Actually, that's a lie. I have pretty strong willpower when it comes to these kinds of things. In my head it goes something like: "Gym vs. Frites & Waffles" or "Getting into shape for warm weather vs. Belgian street food." Usually it's a draw and I go home having done neither. But Saus is definitely a staple in my go-to, to-go rotation (along with North End takeout spots like Il Panino Express and Nick Varano's Famous Deli.) Anyways, check out my latest to-go loot from Saus. A regular order of Pommes Frites ($5.50) with side sauces ($0.75 each) consisting of Ole Chipoltle and Green Monster. These two are my running favorites sauces out of the 12 or so choices, so it seems. Deep fried x2. So.good.It was nice to stop back in and see the owners happily busy. I purchased a bottle of Boylan Ginger Ale ($2.25) with my order and snapped a shot at the counter while I waited. Of course, no meal from Saus would be complete without a lightly crisped, sticky sweet Liege Waffle ($3.50)Cubed crevices coated in powdered sugar and when dipped in their signature lemon cream sauce ($0.75), this dessert is a fierce competitor to my usual sweet tooth craving spots (You know the regulars, North End bakeries and pastry shops like Modern and Bova's.) I've been living in an Italian bubble for quite sometime and while I absolutely love it, I'm welcoming the nearby Belgian snack shack to mix up the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment