Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes At Cakeology

After our late lunch and early dinner at Scholars American Bistro, Bret and I attempted to make a beeline back to the hotel since it was freezing out!  We got a little derailed when we saw the storefront for Cakeology, which was just about halfway between the restaurant and the hotel.

I swear we didn't drink my contact solution in the background!

I've seen Cakology's presence on Twitter as a mobile cupcake truck, but I didn't realize that they had opened up an actual store.  We picked up four of their mini-cupcakes to enjoy back at the hotel.


My choices were a vanilla cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting and a chocolate cupcake also with chocolate buttercream frosting.  Bret also had a vanilla cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting and a red velvet cupcake.


The vanilla mini-cupcakes were a little dry but the chocolate and red velvet cakes were super moist.  The buttercream frosting was absolutely perfect.  I rarely like frosting but I could have had a spoonful of the chocolate buttercream!  These mini cupcakes were the perfect little bite of sweetness for a small birthday treat.

In addition to its food truck, Cakeology is located at 45 Province Street, Boston, MA.
Cakeology on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment