Monday, January 16, 2012

Scholars Boston Bistro

First of all, thanks everyone for the kind birthday wishes!  I am still recovering from my 30th birthday weekend.  It started out with a lovely bouquet of flowers from my office...



..to a massage and manicure at Indra Salon....

...to waking up on Saturday morning to the most beautiful pair of earrings from Bret....



...and then heading to Boston to celebrate the big 3-0 with some of my nearest and dearest at Silvertone.  I have to thank Bret for planning such a memorable evening with wonderful friends and way too much bubbly!

After checking into the Omni Parker House on Saturday before the party, Bret and I decided to grab a late lunch and early dinner down the street at Scholars Boston Bistro.  I have heard really great things about Scholars and I was eager to check it out.  I didn't take any photos of the interior but the place is gorgeous!  It is hard to believe that this used to be a Talbot's clothing store before!

Bret ordered the fried pickles to start and I stole a few of the pickle chips.  The pickles were really awesome but sliced way too thick.  The thick pickle chips had a hard time holding onto the breading, so the whole thing came apart and just ended up being a big greasy mess.  This was a bit of a disappointment!



There were quite a few different sandwiches to choose from their lunch menu and I went with the cranberry cashew chicken salad wrap.  The chicken salad was light on the mayo and I loved the addition of cranberries and cashews.  Although it sounded strange on the menu, the wrap also included avocado, pepper jack cheese, balsamic mixed greens and tomato.  The creaminess of the avocado and the mild heat from the cheese really gave this sandwich some depth.  It was definitely a big hit!




The sandwich also came with a few onion rings and way too many Parmesan steak fries.  I was already pretty stuffed so I barely made a dent in them but I loved the saltiness of the Parmesan cheese.  If we weren't going back to a hotel, I totally would have brought the excess fries home for a late night birthday snack!


Scholars was a great place to grab a bite before my birthday party.  I'm looking forward to heading back there again to check out their beer menu.
Scholars Boston Bistro is located at 25 School Street, Boston, MA.

Scholars American Bistro and Cocktail Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment