Friday, January 14, 2011

30 By 30: Happy Birthday to Me!

I can't help it.  Even though I'm not a kid, I can't help but be excited for my birthday every year!  Since I am 29 today, I'm excited for my last year of my twenties before I hit the big 3-0!

Me at my 28th birthday party...well, the party before the party

Inspired by my friend Jen at Beantown Baker, I decided to create a list of thirty things that I would like accomplish during my last year of my twenties.  So, in no particular order, here goes:

1.  Run a 5K.
2.  Go camping, like real camping...overnight...in a tent.
3.  Pay off all of my credit card debt.
4.  Attend a live WWE event (don't judge).
5.  Make Gordon Hamersley's roast chicken.
6.  Walk the Brooklyn Bridge.
7.  Go out to dinner and a movie by myself.
8.  Watch all three of the original Star Wars movies.
9.  Boil a lobster by myself for the first time.
10.  Write my will.
11.  Write a letter of apology to someone that I have wronged and send it.
12.  Experiment with molecular gastronomy.
13.  Learn to drive stick shift.
14.  Learn to make my own kimchi.
15.  Learn how to change a car tire.
16.  Go to a shooting range.
17.  Redesign "Fun and Fearless in Beantown".
18.  Launch a wedding website.
19.  Cook a three-course vegan dinner for my vegan friends.
20.  Make turducken for the first time.
21.  Climb a mountain.
22.  Complete thirty (30) hours of community service or volunteering.
23.  Finish an entire plate of Hell Pasta from East Coast Grill.
24.  Floss every day.
25.  Take a self-defense course.
26.  Make homemade ice cream for the first time.
27.  Make gnocchi for the first time.
28.  Fly a kite.
29.  Milk a cow.
30.  Participate in a city dinner crawl, which means having cocktails, appetizer, dinner, dessert and post-dinner cocktails each at a different place in one city in one night.

My goal is to complete each of these thirty items before I turn 30 on January 14, 2012!  I will definitely try to document these activities via photos and my blog where possible (although I'm sure most of you don't want to see photos of me flossing).  And I am hoping to get other people involved with me in these activities so if you're interested in any of them, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment