Sunday, January 23, 2011

Will You Be My Maid of Honor?

By the time you are reading this, I'm probably finishing up the last of my trip to Hoboken, New Jersey, or on a Bolt Bus back to Boston from New York City.  I took a trip out here this past weekend to visit my best friend Samantha, who lives in Hoboken.  Sam and I met in college at the UMass Amherst our sophomore year through our sorority, Sigma Kappa.  We quickly became friends and even lived together in the sorority house our senior year.



It is hard to believe that Sam and I have been friends for ten years now!  We have gone through so much together from my transition from college to law school and then to being an attorney and from her following her fashion and beauty marketing dreams from New York to L.A. and then back to New York.  We've had lots of ups and some downs but our friendship has weathered every storm - from illness, to break-ups, to family drama, to bad grades and to lay-offs.  We have consistently been each other's biggest champions, therapists and supporters.


So, when it came time to choosing my maid of honor, I knew that I couldn't get married without Samantha standing by my side.  Even though we've talked about being each other's maid of honor so many times over the years, I still wanted to ask her formally.  I also wanted to ask her in person so I chose to ask her this weekend and gave her the following card that I ordered from Zazzle:



I also got her a DVD of the Wedding Planner and My Best Friend's Wedding as a cute way to thank her for being in my bridal party.

Photo Credit

I'm writing this blog post before I've even given her the gift but with her, I know the answer before it has even been asked.  We've set the date, picked a location and asked our friend Sara Jane to officiate.  Now that I have my Maid of Honor, wedding planning is slowly starting!

Tell me, have you ever been in a wedding before?

No comments:

Post a Comment