Sunday, February 20, 2011

30 by 30 Monthly Update

It has been a little over a month since I started my 30 by 30 List and I wanted to give a little update.  Very strangely, I haven't completed any of the cooking challenges.  I have, however, fully completed three items, which means that I have completed 1/10th of my list.  Woohoo!  Although it is a little daunting how much I have to do in the next eleven months, I'm feeling pretty proud of what I have accomplished thus far.

1.  Run a 5K.
2.  Go camping, like real camping...overnight...in a tent.
3.  Pay off all of my credit card debt.
4.  Attend a live WWE event (don't judge).
5.  Make Gordon Hamersley's roast chicken.
6.  Walk the Brooklyn Bridge.
7.  Go out to dinner and a movie by myself.
8.  Watch all three of the original Star Wars movies.
9.  Boil a lobster by myself for the first time.
11.  Write a letter of apology to someone that I have wronged and send it.
12.  Experiment with molecular gastronomy.
13.  Learn to drive stick shift.
14.  Learn to make my own kimchi.
15.  Learn how to change a car tire.
16.  Go to a shooting range.
19.  Cook a three-course vegan dinner for my vegan friends.
20.  Make turducken for the first time.
21.  Climb a mountain.
22.  Complete thirty (30) hours of community service or volunteering.
23.  Finish an entire plate of Hell Pasta from East Coast Grill.
24.  Floss every day - So far I've only missed two days of flossing since January 14th! 
25.  Take a self-defense course.
26.  Make homemade ice cream for the first time.
27.  Make gnocchi for the first time.
28.  Fly a kite.
29.  Milk a cow.
30.  Participate in a city dinner crawl, which means having cocktails, appetizer, dinner, dessert and post-dinner cocktails each at a different place in one city in one night.

I'd love to hear one thing you've accomplished lately (whether big or small) that has you feeling proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment