Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Relaxing Stay at the Charles Hotel

On Thursday night, I had the pleasure of spending the evening at the Charles Hotel in Harvard Square.  I was invited by the kind folks at the hotel to attend their annual press party and they also graciously offered me a complimentary room for the evening.

Bret and I checked into our hotel around 6 PM and the room was so charming.  It had all of the amenities of a modern hotel yet still felt so quaint with the handmade quilts and funky artwork.  Here are a few photos:

This bed was SO comfortable!

LOVED this artwork.


A comfy nook to read in.


You can't read it but the TV welcomed me by name
& allowed me to check out through it on Friday morning!

Bret fell in LOVE with this clock.

The coolest feature by far?  The mirror TV in the bathroom!

After freshening up, we headed up to the tenth floor to the ridiculously swanky Presidential Suite.  We indulged in some fabulous cocktails, including the "My Favorite Brunette" cocktail which uses buttered rum.  There were some hearty passed hors d'oeuvres and my favorite was by far the mini lobster pot pie tarts. 

I sadly didn't take any photos during the party but I did get to speak to their spa director about Corbu Salon and Spa - their new spa, which will hopefully be opening this spring.  I also got some face time with Chef Peter Davis of Henrietta's Table.  If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll know that I'm a huge fan of Henrietta's Table so I was absolutely geeked out to get to chat with Chef Davis.  We talked about our mutual love for Shy Brothers Farm, along with our appreciation for Asian street food.  Chef Davis has been focused on local and sustainable ingredients way before it became the new buzz phrase and his passion is so sincere.  I was happy to discover that Chef Davis won't just be providing local ingredients for the table but that he will also be growing the herbs that will be used for the new Corbu Salon and Spa.

I had such a lovely time at the Charles Hotel and it was the perfect overnight stay-cation.  Thanks to Alex and Elizabeth for inviting me to such a wonderful event!

Full disclosure: Our evening was fully complimentary and our room was compensated for by the Charles Hotel, but as always, my opinion is honest and completely my own.


The Charles Hotel is located at One Bennett Street, Cambridge, MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment