Friday, February 25, 2011

Introducing NabeWise Boston!

Last month, I got an email from my friend Susie about NabeWise Boston.  After a whirlwind month, I finally got a chance to sit down and really check out the website.  After poking around, I discovered that NabeWise helps people who are moving pick the best neighborhood in the city for them.  It also helps visitors figure out what part of the city to stay in or visit.  As a user, you can review and rate neighborhoods in Boston (or in one of the other cities where NabeWise has launched).

For instance, NabeWise allows you to review and rate neighborhoods based on different characteristics, like quality of life (average rent, safety, public transportation, parking), character (clean, trendy), people (singles, families, students) and things to do (dining, nightlife, shopping, activities).  Based on these different attributes, you can narrow down which neighborhood would be a good fit to live or visit and find out some pretty interesting information like the median cost of homes or rental prices in that neighborhood.  I'm not planning on moving anytime soon but I was still interested in checking out the facts about my neighborhood!

The cool thing is that NabeWise highlights the best blogs in each neighborhood to help people get involved and truly understand their new potential residence or vacation spot.  Since I have lived in Beacon Hill for seven years now, I'm excited that NabeWise has listed Fun and Fearless in Beantown as a resource for the Beacon Hill page!  I know, it is a bit of self-promotion but I'm proud to be listed!

I also wanted to mention that NabeWiseBoston has a pretty awesome Twitter page and keeps me informed about different Boston activities, events and news.  So if you're not interested in joining NabeWise, I'd recommend that you follow their Twitter account to find out the latest in your neighborhood.

Tell me, what do you love most about your neighborhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment