Monday, February 28, 2011

Rocko's Gourmet Bloody Mary Seasoning Blend

Back in January, I got an email from Rocko's Gourmet about trying out their Bloody Mary Seasoning Blend.  Since Rocko's Gourmet is a local company located in Ashland, Massachusetts, and since I also adore Bloody Mary's, I was definitely on board!  This past weekend, I finally got a chance to open up the bottle and I was  seriously impressed.  I've often complained to my friend Meghan about how so many restaurants and food companies advertise something as being spicy but never actually follow through with the heat that I'm looking for.  Well, Rocko's Gourmet definitely didn't disappoint. 


I filled a glass with lots of ice and added one part seasoning blend, one part ice cold water and a splash of vodka.  Rocko's Gourmet recommends using tomato juice but I thought using water was just fine.  I'm glad I diluted the blend with water because it is really spicy.  I could taste generous flavors of horseradish and cayenne pepper which made my cheeks burn up (in a really good way).  And for you gluten-free lovers, this blend is a gluten free product.


I also love how Rocko's Gourmet can be used for cooking and they even share some recipes on their website.  But for me, I'm going to stick to drinking the blend the old-fashioned way as a Bloody Mary on the weekends!

Full disclosure: Rocko's Gourmet Bloody Mary Seasoning Blend was fully complimentary, but as always, my opinion is honest and completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment