Thursday, February 24, 2011

Roasted Chicken, Potato, Onion and Mushroom Pizza

After making Gordon Hamersley's roasted chicken, I found that we had a lot of roasted chicken leftover.  I chopped up some chicken and ate some with my leftover sweet potato gnocchi with brown butter and sage, and I also ate some as plain leftovers.  But we still had a ton more roasted chicken to eat and I wanted to make something fun and creative with it.

Awhile back, I made a herbed whole wheat pizza dough.  I used one ball of dough and froze the other.  I thought that this was a good time to put the extra dough to use and I took it out of the fridge on Tuesday night to thaw overnight and during the day on Wednesday.  When I came home from work last night, the dough looked and smelled just as fresh and herby as when I first made it!


I preheated the oven to 400 degrees.  Like last time, I rolled the pizza dough out using a small rolling stick and my hands.  I topped the pizza dough with some pizza sauce and baked the pizza dough for about ten minutes.  I then took the pizza out of the oven and topped it with shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced bella mushrooms and chunks of leftover roasted chicken, potatoes and onions.  The pizza went back in the oven for another ten minutes and then it was done!


The pizza was the perfect solution for a hump-day meal and we enjoyed our pizza with a simple Olivia's Organics Herb Salad on the side.  We still have a decent amount of roasted chicken leftover but this pizza was definitely a great way to use up the leftover roasted chicken, potatoes and onions.  Plus, I'm looking forward to noshing on a slice of pizza and some more salad for lunch today!


What are some of the best leftovers you've eaten lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment