Thursday, February 3, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Pita Bites

On Tuesday night, I found myself in an unusual situation - a lot of time on my hands and nothing to do!  You see, I originally had a professional mentoring meeting scheduled for Tuesday night so I got my workout out of the way on Tuesday morning.  But with the snow on Tuesday, my meeting was cancelled and I found myself at home with nothing to do!

Bret had already planned on making dinner for us that night so he told me to relax while he went to the gym and then cooked dinner.  And you know what?  I did just that!  I did a load of laundry and finished up Justice Stephen Breyer's Making Our Democracy Work: A Judge's View.  I know, it sounds boring but books like these are fascinating for a history/political science/law dork like me!

Bret's dinner idea was more like a snack or appetizer, but it totally hit the spot!  He poached up two boneless chicken breasts in the Dutch oven with chicken broth and water.  When the liquid had cooked down, he shredded the chicken and mixed in some buffalo wing sauce and butter.  While the wing sauce cooked down, Bret crisped up two pitas in the oven and diced up some celery.


The dinner was a lot of fun.  We spread Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese onto the pita and topped it with shredded buffalo chicken and celery.  We ate the buffalo chicken pita bites with a quick tomato, mozzarella and basil salad tossed in balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, salt and fresh cracked pepper that I whipped together using leftover ingredients from my herbed whole wheat pizza.

Lately, we've been having a real love affair with Laughing Cow products and I most recently used them in my Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower.

Tell me are you a fan of Laughing Cow products?  If so, which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment