Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things

This is the time of year when people are often writing about holiday wishlists.  My wishlist is pretty simple - to spend more time with my friends and family, really get motivated with wedding planning (nine months away!), and be grateful for the wonderful people and things in my life right now.  Since I'm not really wishing for a whole lately, I thought I'd write instead about some of my favorite things right now...

First, I've been loving the show Homeland.  I adore Claire Danes and she has been phenomenal as the star of this show.  This show deals with themes of terrorism and conspiracy, all tied up with a lot of drama and action.  If you liked (or in my case, loved) 24, you'll love this show.

Photo Credit

I fell in love with these blue peacock pillowcases from West Elm this summer and purchased them immediately for my three small throw pillows.  I also have two larger throw pillows and couldn't find any pillowcases that would compliment the blue peacock pillowcases.  On Black Friday, I found these pillowcases at Pottery Barn and thought they matched perfectly (without being too matchy-matchy).



I've also been loving this velvet-lined Aunt Sadie's candle.  I've been a big fan of Aunt Sadie's candles for quite some time.  I could find them in so many different stores when I lived in Boston and I would buy them regularly.  I was planning on stocking up the next time I was in the city but I was thrilled to find that a small gift boutique (Simply Smashing) in downtown Andover carries them.  The owner was so excited about my enthusiasm when I discovered that her store carried them that she gave me a discount and a coupon for future use.  I will definitely be a regular customer, if not for the candles alone!



Even though it is chilly outside, I've definitely been enjoying Stonyfield "Gotta Have Vanilla" Frozen Yogurt lately.  I got a free coupon at the Boston Brunchers' birthday brunch and I finally picked up a pint.  The frozen yogurt is so creamy and has a slightly nutty flavor.  It has definitely been my guilty pleasure this week. 



I've also been loving Trop50 Farmstand Apple.  I recently received a coupon for a complimentary bottle of Trop50.  While I don't drink juice regularly, I've been indulging in a glass of Trop50 every morning.  There are only 50 calories in an 8-ounce glass but what really has me hooked is that it isn't super thick or overly sweet.



Speaking of apples, my new favorite beer is Shipyard Applehead.  If Pumpkinhead is my fall beer, Applehead is my new winter love.  If you love beer and apple cider, you will love this beer as much as I do.



These are just a few of the things that I've been loving lately.  What has you smiling these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment