Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Newest Obsession: TofuXpress

I have been wanting a tofu press for the longest time.  I cook with tofu pretty frequently and I'm always finding creative ways to squeeze out the excess water from tofu before baking or stir-frying it.

Pressing Tofu For My Marinated Baked Tofu Stir-Fry

No matter what my method, I never feel like I have quite gotten all of the water out and the tofu never ends up having quite the crispy texture that I'm looking for. 

I saw a few product reviews for the TofuXpress on some of my favorite blogs and I put it on my Amazon wishlist in 2010.  Almost two years later, I finally got it as a Christmas gift from my sister (thanks, Jessica)!



The tofu press is everything that it says it will be.  It helps easily squeeze out the excess water and without excess water (and a really hot pan), you can get an awesome crust on the tofu. 



We made a simple tofu stir-fry tonight for dinner and the tofu texture was really meaty.



The TofuXpress was one of many food-related items I received for Christmas and Hanukkah, including cookbooks, food-themed fiction, and a new rice cooker.

Tell me, what are your favorite food-related gifts to give or receive?

No comments:

Post a Comment