Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Hanukkah!

Although it is a holiday that is new to me, I always look forward to celebrating Hanukkah with Bret.  We take a quiet moment to light the candles, say a prayer, and just reflect on the things that are important to us - family, friends, love, health and happiness.  Amidst all of the holiday chaos this time of year, I always appreciate these quiet moments.



Since Bret is off of work until next year, he has been doing a lot of heavy lifting for us.  This include running last minute errands, wrapping gifts, doing laundry, and basically running our household.  I'm incredibly grateful.  Among his never-ending list of things to do, Bret cooked a wonderful Hanukkah dinner tonight.  He chose a recipe from Slow Cooker Revolution, which I recently received, as a Hanukkah gift from Bret's parents.

Photo Credit

Bret adapted a recipe for beer-braised chicken thighs and served it with steamed green beans and twice-baked potatoes. 



It was absolutely fabulous.  It may not have been a traditional Hanukkah meal but Bret and I are all about making our own traditions.

To those who celebrate, Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment