Saturday, March 20, 2010

Amazing Pancakes

Sampson

I've been meaning to tell you about these pancakes... but with puppy sitting, my parents visiting, and some more dog sitting, I haven't had much blogging time. Didn't mean to hold out on you ;) And of course I have some more doggie photos for good measure!

Dante

So the recipe (found here) is for Kabocha Buckwheat pancakes. I don't know if it was the buckwheat flour, the spices (cardamom), or the combination of the two that put these over the top, but I was floored!!


While I didn't have buckwheat flour on hand, I did have some kasha (roasted buckwheat), which ground to a flour easily in my spice grinder (aka coffee grinder). I also used some kabocha I had already roasted (instead of grated fresh squash). I'm sure any other winter squash or sweet potato would work as well.


I can't wait to try more recipes using buckwheat flour... have you used it before? Or do you have any recommendations??

No comments:

Post a Comment