Thursday, March 11, 2010

Devouring A Culinary Trend

Does anyone recall the dessert I ate on my very first blog post ever? Here, let me give you a visual reminder:
As I was reading through the latest issue of Stuff Magazine (a local Boston publication) I came across an article titled "The Food Forecast - Culinary Trends to Devour in 2010". The article is broken down into what they call movements, the first movement deemed Molecular Cooking Comes Down to Earth. The third of four items listed under this category? Why, that would be exclusively this dessert created by Chef Tony Maws at his Central Square restaurant, Craigie On Main. I was pretty excited to learn I've already devoured one of the top culinary trends of 2010.

Add to that, wasn't I questioning in that very first near-and-dear-to-my-heart blog post, how on earth does one make foam from a banana? Yes, yes I was. Ask the questions and you shall receive the answers. It's all about the chemistry-enhanced form of cookery known as Molecular Gastronomy my friends. Thanks for keeping me in the know Stuff Magazine!

The true name of this dessert is Peanut-Butter Parfait with HobNob Cookie and Banana Foam. This begs a new question, what is a HobNob cookie? The questions never end.....

No comments:

Post a Comment