Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cauliflower Party

Shula

I took the weekend off from blog reading (i'll be back reading soon!), but I had a good reason. (see above) Puppy sitting time!! My friend is in NYC for work, so I got to help out this weekend. Shula and I got out for some nice walks in the gorgeous weather we had, so that was nice! Maybe next time we'll be able to make it to the dog park ;)


One last picture, b/c it's pretty darn cute. Any guesses as to whom she's named after? haha.

Looks like someone didn't want to watch any more Veronica Mars!


I didn't do any cooking, but have enjoyed trying some of your recipes! There's a theme here, and it's called what to do with a head of cauliflower so you don't get bored :)

Cauliflower Salad w/Orange Vinaigrette

I wanted to try some new things with it, so I chose two "raw"cipes from Gena's site-- a Cauliflower Salad w/Orange Vinaigrette (minus asparagus as I didn't have any) and Eggless Salad (made with pumpkin seeds instead of sunflower seeds). Both were delicious! I don't mind cauliflower raw, but I like tiny florets, and this salad was great as part of my lunch. I also can't get enough oranges in the winter, so I loved the dressing! The Eggless Salad wasn't quite like its cooked counterpart (which I love), but great in its own right. Made for a fabulous sandwich... alongside an orange ;) What can I say, I average at least 1 a day for a few months!

Eggless Salad Sandwich


The last recipe I could've sworn came from Diana, but I can't find it on her site anymore. It was a layered casserole with roasted sweet potatoes, roasted cauliflower, and lightly sauteed spinach in a cottage cheese-egg-parmesan sauce, topped with whole wheat panko breadcrumbs. A different combination, but a winning one, as I love all the components :)

Sw Potato-Cauliflower-Spinach Casserole


Here's some more trivia for you... By what percentage has the number of commercially grown varieties of fruits and vegetables been reduced since the turn of the 20th century- 50%, 78% or 97%?

No comments:

Post a Comment