Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Return Visit to Tremont 647

On Friday night, Bret and I had an early dinner reservation at Tremont 647.  Both of us had dined there separately about four or five years ago but to be honest, neither of our experiences stood out enough for us to make a return visit there.  But when we saw a Groupon for the restaurant, we decided to purchase it and give the restaurant another try together.

We arrived around 6:15 for dinner and were seated immediately at a high top table by the bar.  I was definitely impressed by the renovations that have been done to the restaurant and especially love the wall decor of the restaurant.  It was Friday night and Bret and I were both in need of a drink to unwind.  I started out with a glass of sparkling rose while Bret opted for an Allagash White.


While we waited for our meals to arrive, we munched on some complimentary focaccia bread.


And then our entrees arrived.  Despite having way too many burger bites at the Boston Burger Battle, I was still craving a burger at the end of the week.   Tremont 647's burger certainly hit the spot and it was cooked a perfect medium.


Since I had my share of pommes frites the night before at Saus, I asked my server if I could have a side of greens instead.  I received a side of sauteed spinach and I loved every bite of it!  I really could eat a big bowl of this spinach on a regular basis!


For his entree, Bret ordered Rouge's Fried Chicken, which came with two huge pieces of buttermilk biscuits, scallion gravy on the side and bacony collards.  I stole a few bites and loved that the fried chicken had some spice to it.  The bacony collards were also fantastic and this dish alone is definitely worth coming back for a return visit.


At Lara's suggestion, I also ordered the pineapple martini, which included pineapple and vanilla vodka and pineapple juice.  It was really refreshing and made me crave for a tropical vacation.


Although we were both pretty full, we decided to splurge and order dessert.  All of the desserts sounded so delicious so we asked our server for his opinion. At his suggestions, we decided to got with the brownie sundae.  This was no ordinary brownie sundae.  The brownies contained dried cherries and were topped with popcorn flavored ice cream, candied spiced walnuts, and caramel and chocolate sauces.  The brownie was a little bit dry on its own but it was perfect with the ice cream and sauces.


Our return visit to Tremont 647 was definitely better than our previous visits.  The service was friendly and attentive, and the place definitely had a great neighborhood feel to it.  I'm glad that we decided to check it out again and I'm hoping to check out their brunch, which I've heard so many great things about.

Tremont 647 is located at 647 Tremont Street, Boston, MA.

Tremont 647 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment