Thursday, April 8, 2010

Did Easter Happen?!

It was such a whirlwind but I have all these fun pictures that I feel it wouldn't be right to not dedicate a post to Easter Sunday and all the post joys of the celebration. Adam and I have a pretty good rotation going with this holiday, so since ast year (and last weekend) we were on the Cape with my Mom, so this year we spent it at his parents house in Quincy. You may recall my awesome Easter strainer "basket" from Mom with the rainbow flip flops (not the brand Rainbow, legit rainbow striped.) My sister got a the pair of Havaianas.
Funny thing - I also got an adorable pair of flip flips in my Easter basket from Adam's parents and a matching purple tee, both from Old Navy.
Adam's basket came with 2012 on Blue Ray. (Great flick btw.)
Easter in Boston was a gorgeous day. On the walk to South Station I drank a Dunkin' Blueberry iced coffee with cream and sugar.
And I ate this "spring" munchkin.
I snapped a few pictures of the blimp floating over head (Red Sox opening day!) Doesn't it look oddly close to that building?
The candy spread at Adam's parents house is always fit to satisfy a king's sweet tooth. From marshmellow Peeps to chocolate Reeses Cups, to Cadbury Cream Eggs, their is no shortage of bright and pale colored pastel treats.
We had an awesome meal but unfortunately the only pictures you are going to get are leftovers. My leftover plate on Monday night includes: Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and smashed turnips. My plate on Sunday afternoon included all of the above plus: Ham, green beans, squash, a sweet potato, cranberry sauce, salad and a crescent roll. Easter at Adam's parents basically equals a Thanksgiving meal, which is pretty amazing if you ask me. There was still some goods in the fridge by the time Wednesday rolled around. I made a turkey wrap with honey mustard, Munster cheese and spinach, with a heaping plate of mashed potatoes.
On Monday when I was out in Coolidge Corner I took advantage and stocked up at Trader Joe's. I was pretty excited about my Sublime Ice Cream Sandwiches purchase.Wednesday was a whopping 85 degrees. Perfect.
I am excited to be heading to Colorado tomorrow - which boasts a mixture of warm weather and snowy mountains. This means I have lots to pack, wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment