Sunday, February 6, 2011

Maggie's Surprise Bachelorette Party

I usually have a blog post up pretty early every day but this morning I was a little slow moving.  I have a good excuse though since I helped throw a surprise bachelorette party for my friend Maggie.  You may remember that I helped throw a surprise bridal shower for her a few months ago and gave her a Kodak Gallery photo book of the bridal shower as a birthday gift.  After months of careful planning and countless emails, we finally got to celebrate Maggie's last fling before the ring! 

We started off with a pre-party at my place and I was of course happy to be in charge of the food and drinks!  I didn't get photos of some of the big hits - signature pomegranate champagne cocktails, garlic bread pizza, baked brie with fig jam, chicken fingers with honey mustard and sweet and sour sauces, and pigs in a blanket.  I was too busy in the kitchen to get a good photo and the food and drink went quickly.  But here are a few photos of the spread:

Just two of countless bottles of wine...

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies

Veggies with Sour Cream and Onion Dip

Buffalo Wing Pretzel Crisps - these had some serious kick!

Chips and Salsa (but I sadly missed a photo of Bret's famous guacamole)

Mini Cupcakes: Chocolate with Peppermint Frosting and
 Banana with Salted Caramel Frosting from Mix Bakery

There were also plenty of decorations....




A "naughty" gift basket for the bride...


And of course lots of photos from the evening!






With the wedding just a few weeks away, I am hoping that Maggie had one "last night out" before the big day!

Don't forget, just a few more hours left to enter my Kings bowling pass giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment