Monday, April 25, 2011

30 by 30: Three Month Update

On Saturday, I spent the morning volunteering at the Greater Boston Food Bank with the UMass Amherst Greater Boston Alumni Group.  If you know me at all, you know that I'm very proud of my UMass roots and am very involved with the Steering Committee for the Greater Boston Alumni Group.  In fact, I've organized this volunteer event for the past two years!  We had a lot of fun and it was great to give back during this holiday weekend.


I completed about four hours of community service, and I've got twenty-six more hours to go for my 30 by 30 List!  I also thought this would be a great time to give my three month update on what I've checked off on the list thus far!

1. Run a 5K. - COMPLETED
2. Go camping, like real camping...overnight...in a tent.
3. Pay off all of my credit card debt.
4. Attend a live WWE event (don't judge).
5. Make Gordon Hamersley's roast chicken. - COMPLETED
6. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge.
7. Go out to dinner and a movie by myself.
8. Watch all three of the original Star Wars movies.
9. Boil a lobster by myself for the first time.
10. Write my will. - COMPLETED
11. Write a letter of apology to someone that I have wronged and send it.
12. Experiment with molecular gastronomy.
13. Learn to drive stick shift.
14. Learn to make my own kimchi.
15. Learn how to change a car tire.
16. Go to a shooting range.
17. Redesign "Fun and Fearless in Beantown" - COMPLETED.
18. Launch a wedding website. - COMPLETED
19. Cook a three-course vegan dinner for my vegan friends.
20. Make turducken for the first time.
21. Climb a mountain.
22. Complete thirty (30) hours of community service or volunteering.
  • Completed four hours at the Greater Boston Food Bank.
23. Finish an entire plate of Hell Pasta from East Coast Grill. - COMPLETED
24. Floss every day - So far I've only missed four days of flossing since January 14th!
25. Take a self-defense course.
26. Make homemade ice cream for the first time.
27. Make gnocchi for the first time. - COMPLETED
28. Fly a kite.
29. Milk a cow.
30. Participate in a city dinner crawl, which means having cocktails, appetizer, dinner, dessert and post-dinner cocktails each at a different place in one city in one night.

I'm definitely looking for more community service and volunteer activities.  Tell me, do you volunteer in your community?  If so, what are some great volunteer opportunities?

No comments:

Post a Comment