Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lately Loving

Kerrygold Cheese. After reading Meghan's constant high praise of Kerrygold products for months, I finally picked up a block of their cheese. Imported from Ireland, affirmation came in the form of a high quality block of Dubliner, a specialty cheese providing a distinct mature flavor with a hint of natural sweetness. Spring Seasonal Ales. (with said cheese)I realize Miller High Life isn't a seasonal spring. I'm talking specifically about Sam Adams Noble Pills. Brewed with the 5 Noble hops providing flavors of citrus, floral and piney notes, this is a deep golden "Bohemian" pilsner. It's refreshing in its own right, but also heavier than a typical spring ale. The High Life balances out the ratio of cravings. Champagne of Beer one night, Sam Adams the next. Well played.
Winning Blog Giveaways! My most recent win is this Wrapped To Wear leather and pearl bracelet (or necklace, or anklet) compliments of the Kirsten over at Triple Max Tons.
Wrapped To Wear sells handmade jewelry based out of Austin, Texas in their Etsy Shop. Made from high quality leather and beads, their versatile pieces can be dressed down for an earthy whimsical feel or dressed up as elegant eclectic.
Manicures. Loving a fresh mani is nothing new and neither is bright green in my polish repertoire.
But I've never worn essie's Pretty Edgy so that counts for something. Plus, green reminds me of spring. So do pastel colors, which I think are more in right now. So next time remind me to tone down the brights. Pastels are where its at. (Easter nails for sure.)
Plaid shirts. Are plaid shirts in style? I know they came back a couple years ago. Fashion trends are not something I'm always on top of.
But I like them, especially in the awkward transition from winter to spring phase. Too warm for wool sweaters, too cold for light tee shirts? Perfect weather for a cozy long sleeve shirt, preferably a plaid button down. I got this particular shirt at Urban Outfitters.
Cucumber Collins at Franklin Cafe. From the hours of 1-2am after a few drinks and then some, a night out in the South End often ends at Franklin Cafe. Usually with a water, maybe a glass of wine, but last Friday saw a refreshing blend of Rain-Organic Cucumber-Lime Vodka, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup and soda gracing me with its presence.
The moments fuzzy and the photo quality equally as blurry, but the drink a solid memory. In addition to mixing up signature cocktails Franklin Cafe also serves food until the wee hours. But I'm all about the cocktail.
Franklin Cafe on Urbanspoon

What are you loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment