Monday, April 18, 2011

Dessert Icing Fun

One of the perks of writing a food blog are some of the great food products I get to try out.  Last week, I was lucky enough to receive some complimentary dessert icing samples to try out.  Although I was tempted to try the icing straight out of the pouch, I decided to use some self-restraint and bake up some sugar cookies instead.


The first icing I tried was the S'mores Dessert Icing, which is made with Hershey's cocoa and has an awesome chocolate and cinnamon flavor.


The other icing was the Oreo Ultimate Icing, which is a chocolate creme icing with little pieces of oreo cookies in it.


I'm not much of a baker so it took me some time to get used to the icing decorating tips.  But the squeezable pouch packaging made it pretty easy to ice the cookies and I had a lot of fun decorating them.  Plus, these icing flavors went perfectly with my classic sugar cookies.

I'm thinking of baking some mini cupcakes next for the dessert icings.  What do you think would go well with these dessert icings?

No comments:

Post a Comment