Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chickpea and Parsley Mash

Last month, I made a parsley pesto using leftover parsley in my fridge.  When I found myself with more leftover parsley from my beer-braised chicken, I thought about making parsley pesto but I decided to try something different.  I searched through my trusty recipe binder and fell upon a quick and easy recipe from Everyday Food for Chickpea and Parsley Mash.


This recipe was so easy and I thought it would make a perfect side dish for my leftover beer-braised chicken.  I had all of the rest of the ingredients in my pantry:

  • 1 can chickpeas
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1.4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
I rinsed and drained the can of chickpeas.  Instead of mashing the chickpeas, I put them in the food processor with the rest of the ingredients.


I pureed the chickpeas until it made a thick mashed mixture. 


The recipe suggested serving the chickpea and parsley mash with crackers or crostini.  We did spread some on slices of a baguette but I also ate it with the leftover beer-braised chicken, like it was polenta or mashed potatoes. 


I love easy recipes like this using ingredients on hand and I've been having a lot of success with recipes from Everyday Food.  Where have you been finding your cooking inspiration lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment