Sunday, April 17, 2011

Long Weekend Relaxation

I want to thank everyone for the kind and supportive comments this week when I wrote about being in a funk.  Although my allergies are still driving me crazy, I'm definitely feeling a lot better than I did earlier this week!  I'm doing my best to relax this long weekend and I hope everyone is doing the same too! 

I find that the best way to relax is to start your morning off right with a fantastic breakfast.  During the week, I usually have cereal, Greek yogurt, oatmeal or cottage cheese for breakfast with some kind of fruit.  While it is healthy and fueling, it isn't exactly the most exciting way to start the day.  So I decided to make myself a hearty breakfast yesterday to kick this long weekend off right!


There's no recipe here.  I just baked two slices of bacon in the oven at 350 degrees while I made an egg white scramble with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped smoked salmon.  All of this went on a toasted everything bagel from Scratch Baking Co.  We always have some of these yummy bagels from our favorite Portland bakery hidden in the back of the freezer when a carb craving kicks in.

This breakfast sandwich is simple, delicious and makes you move at just the right pace for a relaxing weekend.

xo - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment