Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Quick Lunch Break at Tossed

Back in October, I received an email inviting me to check out a new lunch spot in the Prudential Center - Tossed.  Although I do head to the Back Bay regularly to run errands or to dine out, I never got the chance to check this casual dining spot out.  Yesterday, however, I had an appointment in the area that ended around noon so I figured that this would be the perfect opportunity to stop in and check out Tossed for lunch.


When I got there shortly after noon, the line was out the door but the service was quick and friendly.  Although there were quite a few items to choose from, I decided to go with a Tossed Tuna Crepe Wrap, which came with tuna salad, baby arugula and chopped tomatoes.


I really liked the tuna salad because of the apples and dried cranberries in it.  I also thought that the arugula added a nice bitterness to the wrap.  I wasn't sure what to expect with the crepe wrap but I actually liked the spongey texture of the wrap.  My only complaint is that there was a lot of crepe in each wrap, which was way too filling.  Plus, the crepe wasn't tightly wrapped so the sandwich was a little messy.

The Tossed Tuna Crepe Wrap came with a complimentary bag of potato chips but I was way too full from my sandwich to really eat more than one or two chips.


Plus, I wanted to save room for the fat-free strawberry banana smoothie that I washed down my wrap with and sipped on as I left the Prudential Center and went on with my day. 


If I worked closer to the area, I would definitely stop by Tossed more often for a quick but satisfying lunch.  From the lines out the door, I think a lot of people in that area have the same idea!

Full disclosure: The meal at Tossed was fully complimentary, but as always, my opinion is honest and completely my own.

Tossed is located at 800 Boylston Street, Boston, MA in the Prudential Center.

Tossed on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment