Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting Out of a Funk

I've been in a funk since Sunday night.  I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights, which is usually the main culprit behind my bad moods.  I haven't been sleeping well due to a combination of allergies and things weighing heavily on my mind.  I've been trying to eat healthy, exercise more and go to bed earlier to get myself out of this funk but I have still been irritable and cranky.

I desperately needed something to help boost my mood and at Bret's suggestion, I decided to finally make an appointment with the one woman who can make everything better - my hair stylist.  I've been seeing Kris at Jean-Pierre Salon for over seven years now and she always knows how to make me feel better.  Sure, she is great with hair but Kris is also a kind soul and a great listener.  I knew that an appointment with Kris was just what I needed.  Plus, I was long overdue for a haircut!

On Tuesday morning, I got myself together and headed over for my appointment.  Here's a quick before picture:


After an hour in her chair, I felt better.  I felt like a huge load had been lifted off my shoulders - literally and figuratively.


After I left the salon, I made a quick stop at Ben & Jerry's for their Free Cone Day.  I got a free scoop of the new Late Night Snack flavor - vanilla bean ice cream with a salty caramel swirl and fudge-covered potato chip clusters.  Yum!


I don't know if a haircut and ice cream can solve everything but it brought a smile to my face on Tuesday.

Tell me, what do you do to get out of a funk?

Jean-Pierre Salon is located at 116 Newbury Street, Boston, MA.
Ben & Jerry's is located at 174 Newbury Street, Boston, MA.

Ben & Jerry's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment