Friday, April 15, 2011

Taste of the Nation Boston Recap

Last month, I wrote about my invitation to the upcoming Share our Strength's Taste of the Nation fundraiser.  I was really excited about this event because childhood hunger is a major issue in our country and there is no better way to bring awareness to this issue than with the help of generous local chefs. 

I attended the event with a complimentary VIP media ticket courtesy of Susan - one of the fabulous public relations chairs for the event.  I indulged in so many great bites of food and glasses of bubbly.  And of course, I had a blast hanging out with some of my favorite Boston food bloggers.  Here are some photos from last night:

The Blue Room's Gougeres with Goat Cheese, Salami and Fig Jam
This was my FAVORITE bite of the entire evening.

Kickass Cupcake's gorgeous cupcake display




Glutenus Minimus' Lemon Cupcakes
The band in the VIP lounge
My choice beverage for the evening
Neptune Oyster was shucking fresh oysters.
The Peter's Point oysters were my favorite!

Grey Goose's Cocktail Bar


Two of my partners in crime - Megan and Meghan
This tuna tartare was a much-needed bright and light bite!

I told the folks at Silvertone that their mac and cheese
got me through law school!
Always great to see Chelsee and Susie of We are not Martha



Meghan, Bianca, Megan and I with the always charitable Chef Jody Adams of Rialto
Chef Richard Garcia of 606 Congress' spring asparagus veloute
He was so gracious about our version, which was nothing like the real deal.
I totally geeked out when I met Tiffani Faison.
And I gushed about her tripe lasagna, which is one of my fave dishes of all time.


Zocalo's Tostada Bite


These are just a SMALL portion of the photos I took last night.  I think I went a little photo crazy.  More important than the photos, we all pledged against child hunger and if you are interested in pledging (with no cost at all), please click here and also help spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment