Thursday, December 9, 2010

Breaking One Important Rule at Hell Night

Last night, I participated in my sixth Hell Night at East Coast Grill.


My dining companions included Anna (for her third Hell Night), Bret (for his fifth Hell Night) and Craig (for his virgin Hell Night).

I should mention that awhile back, after my third Hell Night experience, I made a list of rules for Hell Night to create a tactic to challenge our heat threshold while still enjoying ourselves.  For instance, I wrote:

"...my first visit was a few years ago with my sister and we bravely tried the Hell Pasta.  We boasted that our Korean taste buds and our love of insanely spicy food could withstand anything.  The pasta made me sweat and cry, which was to be expected.  But the downside was that it singed my taste buds and everything tasted insanely spicy.  I couldn't fully appreciate my entree, which was a shame."


This resulted in Lesson No. 1, which is the most obvious - "Never again order the Hell Pasta".  And I've never ordered the Hell Pasta again....until last night.


Although Anna refused to participate, Bret, Craig and I decided to take a chance and order the pasta.  What's the point of a rule if you don't break it every once in awhile?  When it arrived, we let it cool down to room temperature while we enjoyed our other appetizers.


And finally, when we could ignore the Hell Pasta no longer, we took a bite.


Anna took lots of photographs of our reactions but out of good conscience, I cannot post pictures of my friends (or myself) of us sweating and crying with runny noses.  But let me tell you, it was painful.  But, luckily we followed Rule #7 followed by Rule #3 immediately afterwards, which helped remedy the pain.

And we left the evening thinking just one thought of East Coast Grill...


Until then, we'll see you at the next Hell Week!

East Coast Grill is located at 1271 Cambridge Street in Inman Square.

East Coast Grill on Urbanspoon

And don't forget to vote for me as Boston's Best Local Blogger here.  Polls close on December 22nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment