Saturday, April 2, 2011

An Unplanned Lunch at the Bleacher Bar

Earlier this week, I had plans to meet my friend Alaina for lunch at Tasty Burger.  I was running a little behind schedule due to delays on the D-line and when I met Alaina, she told me that Tasty Burger was strangely closed for lunch that day.  I was really bummed because I really wanted to check Tasty Burger out since it opened.

Luckily, it was a beautiful day out and we walked around to figure out our lunch options.  We strolled around Fenway Park and Alaina suggested that we check out the Bleacher Bar for lunch.  While I've been to the Bleacher Bar plenty of times before or after a game, I've actually never been there during the off-season.  It was a nice change of pace to be able to sit down without the place being crowded or packed.

The lunch menu at Bleacher Bar is limited but there are some good options.  Although the sandwiches were tempting, we decided to split a flatbread and settled on the grilled chicken pizza topped with blue cheese, walnuts, roasted onions and slivers of green apple.


The flatbread itself was nice and crispy.  All of the flavors really worked well together although I wish there was just a little bit more blue cheese on the pizza.


We also split a side of pretzel sticks, which came with a spicy brown mustard.  The soft pretzel sticks had a slightly sweet flavor, which contrasted nicely with the salt on the pretzel.

Bleacher Bar wasn't where we planned to go for lunch but it ended up being a solid last minute choice.

Bleacher Bar is located at 82A Lansdowne Street, Boston, MA.

Bleacher Bar on Urbanspoon

Tomorrow is the last day to enter my giveaway for a free West Bend versatility cooker.  You can enter in two different ways here.

No comments:

Post a Comment