Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lantern Brunch Inc.

On Saturday morning, Bret and I decided to explore our new neighborhood.  I started my day off with a pedicure.  A co-worker recommended this great little place, LV Nail Spa, that is pretty close to where we live.  The pedicure cost a little more than I normally would pay in Beacon Hill but the ridiculous leg and foot scrub, massage, and hot stone treatment that came with it was well worth it!
After my pedicure, Bret picked me up and we explored downtown Andover a bit.  Neither of us had eaten breakfast and we stumbled upon a tiny little restaurant - Lantern Brunch Inc.  This is a tiny diner-like place that serves breakfast and lunch dishes all week long. 



We settled into a booth and browsed the menu.  I was still feeling a little too relaxed from my pedicure and desperately need some caffeine to wake me up.  This iced coffee wasn't anything special but it definitely did the trick.



For breakfast I had a ham and cheese omelette, which came with a small side of crispy and buttery homefries.  The American cheese in this omelette was so perfectly melted and ooey gooey.



My dish also came with a side of toast.  I typically order something sensible, like whole wheat toast, but the smell of cinnamon rasin toast in the restaurant was intoxicating and I couldn't resist.



Bret ordered a bacon, egg and cheese on a griddled plain bagel with a side of potato pancakes.  His meal didn't get photographed because I was too busy wolfing down my breakfast! 

Our meal was ridiculously cheap and I'm happy we found a diner-like spot so close to our home!  I have a feeling we won't be strangers at the Lantern Brunch!

Lantern Brunch Inc. is located at 89 Main Street, Andover, MA 01810.

Lantern Brunch Incorporated on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment