Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Little Glimpse Into Our New Home

Life has been really busy lately.  I've been working a lot while still trying to find time to settle into our new home.  Although I've definitely been cooking a decent bit in our new kitchen, I haven't really been inspired to blog about these meals lately.  I can't tell if I'm just burnt out in general or in a blogger's slump.  This is all the more reason that I'm looking forward to heading to Boothbay this weekend.

We've only been in our home for a little over two weeks now but we are completely unpacked.  It has actually been a lot of fun getting our home together. 

We received this sweet little statue from Bret's parents as a housewarming gift.  I absolutely love it!


Our new couch came with complimentary throw pillows with the most hideous covers.  Thankfully I found these beautiful pillowcases from West Elm, which add a nice pop of color.



Although I don't exactly have a green thumb, I did receive some plants from my friend Sarah and my mom as housewarming gifts.  This motivated me to get a plant stand from IKEA last weekend, which I was very proud to put together myself!



I took these photos before making breakfast this morning.  Bret and I are trying to start a new tradition of cooking a huge Sunday breakfast to enjoy while reading the Sunday paper.  While I obviously get the paper to read the news, I've also been getting the paper to clip coupons.  I am totally unembarrassed to say that my mom was (and still is) a big fan of using coupons to save money and this habit definitely passed down to me.  We have been saving anywhere between $10-20 at every grocery trip!  Between coupons that I get through this blog and coupons from the Sunday paper, I have been amassing quite a big collection lately.  This inspired me to get this adorable coupon book on Amazon recently.




Bret still rolls his eyes at my coupon book but this coupon book keeps everything organized.  I keep it in my ginormous purse so that it is always handy!

Enough about coupons and back to breakfast.  This morning, we decided to make pancakes for Sunday breakfast.  Since we had a lot of fresh local blueberries, I decided to make blueberry pancakes...and a side of bacon, of course!



Hopefully this week will be a little less crazy for me and I'll get back into the groove of blogging.  In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed the little glimpse into our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment