Thursday, August 11, 2011

Presently Loving

It has been awhile since I last told you whats got me smiling on the regular. You know, the post where I round up my latest random tidbits of inspiration. (See: Lately Loving and Currently Loving) Anything goes from beer and cocktails, to nail polish and fashion, to people, places and foods!

Anderson Valley Summer Solstice Ale
I had never heard of Anderson Valley Brewery and I knew nothing about this beer. I am always intrigued by new 6-packs (and the Moose totally sold me!) This cream ale offered something vastly different than what I am used to drinking out of a can. Then again, craft cans are not as rare as they used to be. With a distinct maltiness combined with mild hops, a subtle sweetness and a delicate hint of spice, this copper colored ale is smooth and refreshing, especially in the summer heat.

Feather Hair Extensions
I got mine attached at Joi Salon on a whim about two weeks ago by the lovely Kellyn Jones and they've been securely in place ever since. They can be washed, brushed, blow-dried, straightened and curled, basically, they can be treated just like natural hair. I like them lots and am already tempted to get a few more! At $15 each (five or more are $12 each) they certainly add up. For now, I'll keep it classy with my small cluster of three.


Roofdeck Drinks
From Friday morning coffee to Sunday Funday champagne and everything in between, we've been attempting to make the most of our shared outdoor space and the view that comes with it. (Not a great one by any means, but it is what it is.)

Party Pics

With Megan and Meghan at the John Mariani Book Signing Party at BiNA Osteria (Photo credit: Stuff Magazine)
Del Frisco's dinner event where Elizabeth and I discovered a common love for the movie Ghost and lines by Oda Mae Brown. (Photo credit: Fun and Fearless in Beantown.)
And lastly, the beach & boat w/ drinks in hand always!

Llai Llai Chardonnay
From Bio Bio Valley in Southern Chile, the winery notes describe it best: This wine is very fresh and crisp with lots of minerality and vivacity. It is well balanced with a combination of apple, pear, citrus flavors, floral notes and little touch of iodide. With a gold color like clear yellow flower petals, this wine is very attractive, offering a long and intense finish.

Sephora for OPI On Stage
This round up wouldn't be a complete set without my nails! The latest swoon worth color is an opaque shade of Gray Plum. I've had it for a couple years now and love it more each time I select this bottle off the medicine cabinet shelf. Why yes, I do happen to have an entire shelf in my bathroom mirror dedicated to nail polish. Come on, I know I'm not the only one. What little things have got you smiling lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment