Friday, August 5, 2011

On the Grill: Bison Burgers and Romaine

Last night, Bret and I had another fantastic yet simple meal from the grill.  We picked up a package of bison burgers from Whole Foods after work.  I have never had a bison burger before and I was excited to finally try one!



Of course, grilling burgers calls for beer.  Bret and I have been happily indulging in blackberry and pumpkin beer almost every night.  Last night was no different.



I decided to make a simple salad to go with our burgers.  I made grilled romaine salad this past winter on our grill pan indoors and I was excited to make it again on our grill!  I simply cut a head of romaine in half lengthwise.  I brushed some olive oil onto the romaine and seasoned with salt and pepper.

The romaine joined the burgers on the grill and dinner was ready in no time!



The bison burger was really juicy and I loved its gamey flavor.  But the real highlight was the grilled romaine salad, which was served with a drizzle of white truffle oil and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.  Grilling the romaine brings out a totally different flavor and texture to this lettuce!



With simple and flavorful dinners like this, life honestly hasn't been better.  Tell me, what has you smiling lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment