Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mongolian Ginger BBQ Chicken

It should come as no surprise that tonight's dinner also came from the grill.  After living in the city for so long, we are kind of obsessed with the option of grilling and I think we'll be grilling on the patio as much as possible!



I had a few chicken breasts thawing in the fridge during the day.  My plan was to prepare a simple marinade for the chicken and let Bret grill them for dinner.  I wanted to use one of my favorite dry rubs, a Mongolian Ginger BBQ meat rub, that I picked up in Portland.




After reading Kerstin's blog this morning, I knew that I wanted to use Greek yogurt in the marinade.  I marinated the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, Greek yogurt and the dry rub.




We let the chicken marinate for about an hour before Bret got to work on the grill.  The yogurt helped create a nice seared crust while keeping the chicken breasts moist inside.  We ate the chicken with a side of steamed sugar snap peas.  This dinner was simple and yet full of flavor!



Kerstin's blog provided instant inspiration for tonight's dinner.  Tell me, where have you been finding inspiration for your kitchen (or grill)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment