Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

I must admit my Union Oyster House Seafood Medley was better the second time around.
I think after all the shellfish and cornbread and clam chowder I ate before my actual entree arrived, I wasn't able to appreciate just how good the dish was. Tonight, with no precursors besides a Sam Summer, it hit the spot.
I was thrilled there was so much calamari hidden underneath the layers of pasta and spicy marinara, as there wasn't any other seafood left in the dish.
Actually, I did eat a clam which must have escaped its shell and my mouth the first time around.
That's a hell of a plate of leftovers right there. It was such a nice evening, so I decided to walk it off.

I might have stopped at Modern Pastry on the way home.
Creme Brulee. One of my all time favorites. How badly do you want that Strawberry right now?
Modern did well. Besides a sort of long wait in a not-so-long line, the girl who waited on me was super friendly. At home, I had a couple more Sam Summers (I know, I know, it was Cinco De Mayo, you don't need to tell me I shoulda been drinking a Corona or a Margarita) and caught up on my DVR shows before my cousin and some of his Marine buddies came over for a bit. Sooo technically I did nothing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I ate Italian pasta and dessert and drank American beer. Better luck next year. Tonight's post is quick since I'm headed out to see the Albany Marine Band perform at the Hatch Shell. Recap to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment